(ways to distract me from the cold)(real life)

January 22, 2013 · 16 comments

sweatshirt hunter

In the last 24 hours, I’ve realized that I can either sit cranky about the fact that it’s artic cold outside and drafty cold inside…or I can put a hooded sweatshirt on my pup, laugh at his attempts to walk in it and get lost in the good places of the internet.

PS: He will not let me take this sweatshirt off. (It’s this desert dog’s first winter. Ever.)

PPS: The rest of this is about good places on the internet. (Obviously.)

Avocados were (actually!) on sale this week. This is at the top of my breakfast wants.

I think I want to eat this during the Super Bowl. And most days, I don’t even like hot dogs.

What I really need is a salad. One that looks this pretty.

Inspiration to bake everything in cast iron skillets…ever.

I bought the supplies to make something like this over the weekend. Buying supplies is step one…I didn’t make it much farther. But! I have big plans for the rest of the week. If I’m not in the kitchen as much, you’ll get it, right?

I feel like I’m constantly on an organization kick…but my kitchen gadget drawer would tell you otherwise. I like this way to get it under control.

My life needs a mail organization system, some shoe that’s warmer than flats but not as bulky as boots for the rest of winter (please tell me this exists) and also…a dang warm-up already.

One more thing. If you’re thinking this sort of looks like my Pinterest boards exploded all over this place, you’re entirely correct. Let’s still be friends.

Colleen @ What's Baking in the Barbershop?! January 22, 2013 at 9:58 pm

Your pup. In that sweatshirt.
TOO MUCH!
Love it.
Good luck with your organization!!

Anna @ On Anna's Plate January 22, 2013 at 10:04 pm

THAT is the cutest thing I’ve ever seen.

Kitchen Belleicious January 22, 2013 at 11:49 pm

your hilarious! I am so happy we are getting a hot weather streak here in Houston. I am so tired of the cold! Love your pup in that sweatshirt

Regina @ SpecialtyCakeCreations January 23, 2013 at 3:26 am

Aww…your doggie is soo cute! Glad you are making sure he is warm too :)

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake January 23, 2013 at 6:02 am

This cold weather is brutal!

Elizabeth@ Food Ramblings January 23, 2013 at 8:14 am

I just want to give your doggie a hug- too cute!

angela @ another bite please January 23, 2013 at 8:17 am

hahaha how did you get the sweatshirt on him in the first place? my dog would not let that happen…too cute…and yes it is still freezing here in the wonderful state of WI….brrrrrr

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers January 23, 2013 at 9:44 am

I love torchering my animals by dressing them up! lol My male dog gets so excited he pees, not nice!! But still funny! Your pup is adorable!

Monet January 23, 2013 at 10:25 am

How adorable! We finally got out of our cold spell here in Colorado. I wasn’t a happy camper. Margot wasn’t either! Thank you for sharing your sweet pup though! I hope you are having a lovely week!

Cinnamon @ eatpraytri January 23, 2013 at 10:53 am

I’ve been getting through the winter by putting penut butter on my three pups noses. Great entertainment indeed. I like the sweatshirt idea though…might have to try it.

Baking Serendipity January 23, 2013 at 11:48 am

Love it. Doing this!

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts January 23, 2013 at 11:45 am

Love your dog. He is too cute in a sweatshirt!
Guess you have to do what you have to do in the cold!

Rachel January 23, 2013 at 12:31 pm

oh my gosh, your dog in that sweatshirt is simply adorable!! We are getting an arctic blast this week as well..I plan to stay locked indoors in flannel jammies with lots of tea!

Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes January 24, 2013 at 12:22 pm

I’m so over this cold weather!! I refuse to complain, though ;)

Erin | The Law Student's Wife January 24, 2013 at 3:20 pm

I totally flipped for those skillet scones too! They are towards the top of my “must make this now” list. PS. Your dog is adorable!

Nikki @ The Tolerant Vegan February 1, 2013 at 11:21 am

My cats will only crawl inside of my hoodies when I don’t want them to. But when I suggest it, no way. This is reason 1,937,001 why I need a dog.