life, everyday (week one)

January 6, 2013 · 10 comments

In 2012, I resolved to become a better photographer. I promised myself I’d take one picture of food everyday…which actually looked like taking no less than 75 pictures of food everyday and crossing my fingers that one looked nice.

This lasted until September. As resolutions go, that’s bonkers impressive. At least in my life.

I learned some things in the weeks this project lasted. For one, there is an unbelievable amount of frozen yogurt and coffee in my life. Also…only taking pictures of food is sometimes tricky.

Even though I sort of gave up on this in September, I’m not totally ready for it to be over yet. I’m giving this resolution business a second try. Except in 2013 I’m not limiting the rules to food.

You could say I’m resolving to overshare my life with you…and it’d probably be entirely accurate. Let’s be real. This just might turn into me emptying my camera phone pictures into this place. I’m alright with this happening. Also…I hope you are too.

leaf in ice

A little leaf shape was melted into the ice on the sidewalk. I saw this on a morning walk, and was equal parts amazed by it, and wishing for more snow/ice to melt already.

2103 Notebook

This notebook is going to keep me organized in 2013. I even diy-ed dividers into it. Bring it.

IMG_6019

This animal loves tennis balls. And also…destroying things.

hunter and mittens

He’s equally obsessed with ridiculously long walks. Which is why I needed to buy mittens. (This and it’s cold.) FYI…mittens are totally not functional clothing.

pb wine racks

I cut this wine rack picture out of a Pottery Barn catalog, and attached it to the refrigerator. It’s all over my husband’s to-do list.

IMG_6203

I made a fancy peanut butter this week. It’s perfect for bagels and apples…and eating with a spoon. Recipe soon!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust January 6, 2013 at 9:35 pm

I love this idea! I can’t wait to see all your photos. And that ice one is so cool!

Cinnamon @ eatpraytri January 6, 2013 at 11:36 pm

I was wondering what happened to your food every day! I thought you just hit the end or something? LOL. I love seeing more of your life!! BRING IT!

Baking Serendipity January 7, 2013 at 4:40 pm

In the craziness of moving last fall, it totally fell apart. (Probably the fact that I ate the same thing (literally) for a week straight had something to do with it.) So excited to be bringing this back now though!

Elizabeth @Food Ramblings January 7, 2013 at 12:51 am

Glad I’m not the only one who cuts things out for my husband to make– I am waiting on a headboard :)

Emily @ Life on Food January 7, 2013 at 6:20 am

I am excited for the pictures to come again. Food and non-food all around.

Jessica@AKitchenAddiction January 7, 2013 at 9:11 am

I do the same thing to my husband. . .in fact he got a new addition to his to-do list just yesterday! :) Fortunately for me, he got a new saw for Christmas that he is all excited about using!

The Mom Chef ~ Taking on Magazines One Recipe at a Time January 7, 2013 at 10:20 am

I missed the food photos when you stopped, just so you know. I’m also thrilled to see those winter shots because they’re a fantastic reminder of how happy I am to have moved to the south. The leaf thing is fantastic though. I’m hoping your pup likes tennis balls, not tennis boys. :)

Baking Serendipity January 7, 2013 at 4:37 pm

Ah! Such a ridiculous typo :)

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite January 7, 2013 at 10:56 am

I so loved this series and am looking forward to following it again! Happy New Year!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers January 7, 2013 at 8:09 pm

I have that rack from Pottery Barn, but my Husband refuses to hang it because he claims if we have an earthquake it will fall and destroy everything. I love your photos! The on with the leave is pretty and your dog is simply adorable! I can’t believe you bought mittens! lol it’s been so cold here, in CA, that I think I need to have a pair.