A few things in my house are just guarantees.
1. There’s a wet nose on the side of the bed early every morning, anxious for a walk. Because I’m too in love with this pup sometimes, we walk every morning, before the coffee is even brewing. Sometimes this means trouble.
2. Laundry is next to never folded right when the dryer stops. Oops.
3. Early bedtimes. (See #1.)
4. Complaints about washing dishes by hand…until it’s time to think about buying a dishwasher. Because couches and kitchen tables and rugs from Etsy are all over my wish list.
5. Maple syrup in the fridge.
I like maple syrup in weekend breakfast…and weeknight dinners.
I also like you…and fall inspired pancakes. A lot.
Apples are an autumn superstar. Caramel apple pancakes? Obviously. Cranberry apple pancakes? I’m in. Apple pie pancakes? There’s a cinnamon/sugar/pecan topping…and I kind of want to swim in it.
I made cranberry orange pancakes forever ago…at a cabin in the Arizona mountain town, Show Low. I miss that state sometimes. I love these pancakes always.
Or, white chocolate chips pair happily with pomegranate juice. When I make these pancakes again, I’m definitely adding pomegranate seeds. Last time I was afraid of them. Or something.
I hope there’s maple syrup in your kitchen. And seventy-five degrees in your city. (That’s what it feels like where I like. And I’m obsessed.)