Pomegranate and Cherry Energy Bites

October 14, 2012 · 17 comments

Pomegranate Cherry Energy Bites

Please tell me I’m not the only one who feels just a little like a big deal when there’s a business trip on her Outlook calendar.

I know…when you get back to the regular office it’s feels like the sky is falling. And hotel bedspreads (okay, floors too) creep me out. And playing nice after 5:00 is sometimes a chore.

But! Setting the out of office e-mail message feels kind of like running away. And king size hotel beds for one are so biiiiig.

Maybe I’m looking for the positives. I don’t even know.

Clearly, I’m going on a business trip this week. It involves me, my car, one night, clothes that fold without wrinkling (please tell me these exist) and snacks…because I don’t like wondering when food will be in my world again next.

Messy Almond Butter Measuring Cup

Can I tell you what I love…more than feeling like an independent business lady?

Pomegranate seeds. Seriously. Love. (Enough to forgive the pain that gutting a pomegranate is.)

I’ve been putting pomegranate seeds in everything these past few weeks. I know…I’m not over pumpkin yet. But these little seeds are so much prettier and crunchier. It’s probably a shiny object thing.

Pomegranate Cherry Energy Bites (3)

I make these energy bites nearly every week. It feels like cheating to blog about what crazy combination of things I’ve stuck together that often…even though I usually want to. But, this time I can’t pass on the chance to convince you to throw pomegranate seeds at a batch. It gives things a juicy crunch (but still hold together).

Also…can we discuss this tree? I can’t not tell you just how much this is freaking me out.

Tree Collage

Please tell me fall is sticking around longer. I haven’t had my fill of pomegranate seeds or pumpkin or colored leaves on morning walks. I’m a little afraid of walking into the time warp of a business trip in the fall and coming out to winter snow. It’s just the truth.

Pomegranate and Cherry Energy Bites

1 1/4 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup flaxseed
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
(heaping) 1/4 cup raw almonds, cut in half
(heaping) 1/4 cup dried cherries
1/4 cup pomegranate seeds (the seeds from about half of a medium sized pomegranate)
1/2 cup almond butter
1/3 cup honey

Combine oats, flaxseed, chocolate chips, almonds, cherries and pomegranate seeds in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add almond butter and honey and stir to coat. Refrigerate for at least one hour. Form into small balls, and store in an airtight container in the fridge.

Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic October 14, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Pomegranate seeds are definitely much prettier than pumpkin! Good luck with your upcoming trip! I love big, fluffy hotel beds!

Simply Life October 14, 2012 at 7:09 pm

have a great trip!!!

wow! I can’t believe the leaves are already falling!

Colleen @ What's Baking in the Barbershop?! October 14, 2012 at 7:11 pm

I love the look of these bites! Such great ingredients.
Good luck on your biz trip. ;)

Cassie October 14, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Yes, fall, please please stay forever! So beautiful! These are awesome, so on it!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. October 14, 2012 at 11:58 pm

These little bites look delish and are perfect for a road trip!

Baker Street October 15, 2012 at 2:52 am

Wow! These are absolutely terrific! Love the combination of cherry and pomegranate! :)

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers October 15, 2012 at 7:39 am

Fall is so gorgeous in the East, but I don’t miss the snow!!! Your energy bites look amazing! I need to get some pomegranates!

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet October 15, 2012 at 11:22 am

I’m freaking out too! The leaves are falling way too fast!! Love these bites – I’m with you on the pomegranate seeds. Have a great trip!

Monet October 15, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Business trips always make me feel way grown-up…but I always pack snacks (which reminds me I’m still a kid at heart!) These look delicious!

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts October 15, 2012 at 5:12 pm

Love pomagrante seeds, great to put them in these bites! We still have tons of leaves here in CO – come visit!

Kitchen Belleicious October 15, 2012 at 10:09 pm

have a wonderful time and I could eat these bites everyday for extra energy! they look fabulous!

Cinnamon @ eatpraytri October 15, 2012 at 11:33 pm

I am so in love with pomegranate seeds. Like seriously. Can’t. get. enough.
have fun on your trip!!
Question: when you sleep in the king size bed by yourself, do you still sleep on your same side? Or just go right in the middle?

Baking Serendipity October 16, 2012 at 6:50 am

Pretty sure my husband would tell you that my side is the middle :)

Cinnamon @ eatpraytri October 18, 2012 at 1:25 am

ha! love it.

Elizabeth @Food Ramblings October 16, 2012 at 12:46 pm

I travel the country for work and the best part is I pick to see fall everywhere I go…sorry your tree is lonely without its leaves!

Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes October 16, 2012 at 11:56 pm

Love the pics of the tree! Although, yes, fall goes by way too fast and winter always sneaks up on me. These energy bites sound awesome!

Jennie @themessybakerblog October 26, 2012 at 2:02 pm

These look so good. And, yay, you’re going on a business trip. I would feel a bit important, too. Have fun!